Thursday, September 1, 2022

About this Blog - Notes for the Launch

Blessed Father Seraphim's cell

For almost a decade I have been maintaining a resource page on one of my other blogs with articles, links, videos and audio on Father Seraphim Rose of blessed memory. 

Growing out of that longstanding labor of love, for the past few years it has been my desire to create a new platform with the express purpose of advancing the veneration of Blessed Father Seraphim, and gathering materials on his life, teachings, legacy, and significance for us today. The occasion of the 40th anniversary of his repose in the Lord on September 2, 1982 seemed like the perfect time to launch this new endeavor.

To begin with, I have posted an original article of mine titled, 'The Veneration of Father Seraphim Rose', which I originally wrote several years ago and updated recently, which tracks the veneration of Blessed Hieromonk Seraphim from his death up to the present. 

In addition, you are invited to explore the three main pages of this site:

Akathist - which presents info on and link to order in booklet form an Akathist to Blessed Father Seraphim. This Akathist was retrieved online in 2006, but the site was subsequently taken down, and rather than just repost the Akathist, I took it upon myself to edit the text for spelling, grammar, and consistent use of pronouns, and offer it in booklet form. 

Videos - A growing list of links to online videos about Father Seraphim, or presenting his writings and teachings.

Resources & Links - A growing list of resources which I intend to update regularly.

I plan to update this blog with new content as I become aware of it, and hope it aids in furthering the veneration of Blessed Father Seraphim, whom I believe should be entered into the calendar of saints of the Orthodox Church, and venerated as one of our contemporary elders and holy ones.

As with the Akathist booklet, this is pious work of love for the Lord Jesus Christ and His Saints. I ask your forgiveness for any errors, and your prayers.